Thursday, May 27, 2010

Introduction

Welcome to the Betta Labyrinth.

As you've seen by now, my name is Meg. I shall be your (slightly) humble host through this blogging experiment.
Some of you may be asking yourself about the name I chose for my blog... or not. You could be the cynical types waiting to post about how crappy my blog is. Go ahead. Excite yourself. For the people who might actually be curious, I shall explain.

Bettas, or Siamese Fighting Fish, host a unique "labyrinth" organ. This organ is used to draw air from the surface of the water, as if taking a breath.
To me, this is also a play on words. The definition of Labyrinth is "an intricate combination of paths or passages in which it is difficult to find one's way".
Now you're probably confused. Well, this is where I explain what this is all about! I am going to attempt something I have been wanting to do for a very long time. Spawning bettas. I have attempted this before, only to conclude many failures. To me, this is my labyrinth, and I have lost my way many times. This time, I'm taking this on as a true project. I wish to find my way to the end of the maze.
This time I'm determined to get a matched set of bettas and have a successful spawning. I'm going to get everything they need, with no cut backs and no settling for less.

This first post marks the beginning of my project.
Ready, set... BUY A LIST OF EXPENSIVE OBJECTS!!
...ok, maybe I shouldn't put it that way...
...but it is expensive...

(This project is dedicated to a little betta named Johnny Storm, rescued from a pet store in bad condition. I kept him for a while, but his health was poor when I got him. He did not live long. I want people to realize that fish may be fish, but they have lives like any other animals. They do not deserve to be abused.)

No comments:

Post a Comment