Saturday, November 27, 2010

Good Night, Sweet Fish.

My last betta from my former spawning trials passed away the other night. She was old, leaning on about three years. Her name was Arwen (yes, LOTR, I am a geek), and she was such a vibrant, red lady. I was hoping that she would spawn but fate did not shine upon us. Either way, she was a good companion and a good little friend.

For me, this feels like a start of a new era. I will get my first betta for my second round of fishie companions rather soon. This one will most likely not be used to breed, but be more like a companion through it all. It's nice to have one around that is generally for friendship.

I've plotted everything out, and I do believe I will begin spawning my bettas this summer. It will give me ample time between college semesters to really get things going. I will be able to focus on the little details, putting together the spawning tank, and (hopefully) caring for the fry. It should be a relaxing task between bookwork.
Bah, I can't wait to get started. I love working with these little fish... almost too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment